We are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of IST this year and after successful musical performances like “Jungle Book”, “Cinderella” and “Dig It!”, the IST Elementary School will be performing the musical “Pirates of the Curry Bean” in February 2013. True to tradition, the proceeds of this evening will be donated to a school endorsed community engagement projects. This year’s projects include Kindwitwi School, with which IST has close ties and the IST Bookclub Initiative, a homegrown community project to provide local primary schools with quality reading books (see info sheet).
To give our participating students (80 children between the age of 6 and 11) an optimal experience on a good stage, using professional light and sound equipment and due to high temperatures in our own school hall, we are once again keen on renting the Little Theatre for our performances. They charge a standard fee for using the premises to practice, as well as a set fee per performance.
Should you or your company be interested in sponsoring, please contact Ellen Claessens (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and she will email you more information. All sponsorship should be finalized by December.
Looking forward to hearing from you and receiving a positive response,
The Musical Team
IST is having a Wacky Week. This event is happening on the last week of school. This event is packed with four days of fabulous fun!
1. Crazy hat and hair day on Tuesday
2. Dress as an Adult Day on Wednesday
3. Pajama Day on Thursday (Don’t come in your panties!)
4. Free Dress Day on Friday
1. Whatever you wear, your costume can’t be offensive to anything or anybody.
2. Your outfit can’t get in the way of your work.
3. No matter what, you have to have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
What: Wacky Week
When: Last four days of school
Where: At school
Why: TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the Elementary Student Action Council
Grades 3, 4 & 5 students have been asking us what they should wear to their Music Concert this Friday, May 24th. Please help them to choose something that is “smart casual”. We have told them that it should be something they would wear to a nice dinner out, or to an important event. We would not like to see t-shirts, football shirts, blue jeans, sweats, etc. If you have any particular questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our classroom teachers have collected a number of photos for students to remember their 2012-2013 school year at IST. These pictures are now available for you to download.
These files can be ONLY be downloaded from our IST NETWORK on IST Elementary Campus.
The Photo File Link:
The IST Elementary Open Lab will be accessible first period from now unitil the end of the school year. One of the ICT staff will be available during this times to assist you if needed. Please bring an external device with you (USB flash drive with at least 2Gb of space available).
Some teachers have made alternative plans for end of year photos. Directions from these teachers will be forthcoming.
Our vision and hearing screening has been completed!
Slips for your child will be handed out to you this week.
Here is some basic information to keep in mind:
• All students have done the vision screening and should all receive a slip.
• All EC and KG students, as well as G1-G5 students whom teachers had concerns about ,did the hearing screening so not every child will receive a hearing slip.
• Both assessments/screenings are informal and basic. They just flag us (and you) that there is possibly a concern that needs further investigation.
• Should further vision/hearing screening be recommended, you should set up appointments with specialists asap (in your home country or in Dar).
• We will be following this up next school year.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.
Student Services Coordinator
Come out and support IST students in Grades 3, 4 & 5 as they showcase their learning in Music.
The concert starts at 7:30AM in the Elementary Hall. We hope to see you there!
The Music Team